Eternal Force No Mercy™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Force No Mercy™

►EFNM◄ is dedicated to glorious pursuits of the TITANs, TERRANs & XENs. Peace and Knowledge throughout the universe is our chosen path.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alphabet story

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nerf herder

nerf herder

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009, 15:16

I've played this story on other BB's and always had fun with it.
The rules are simple;
1) Each reply starts with the next letter of the alphabet, You may have many sentences in your reply but the first must start with the next letter.
2) You may not double-post
3) When you get to Z, end of chapter! Either continue the story or start a new one with A.
That's it.

have fun!!
Back to top Go down
nerf herder

nerf herder

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009, 15:20

Across the universe, young empires were discovering the secret of FTL(faster than light) drive. Many just wanted to explore their own quadrants, others wanted to rule the galaxies.
Back to top Go down

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009, 19:44

Bearing the flag of peace, many factions intended only to treacherously backstab each other for the control of entire quadrants. This eventually started multiple and deadly war, in an free-for-all type of combats.
Back to top Go down
Neco

Neco

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009, 22:32

Concequently many galaxies were stuggling for resouces as races built their secret fleets up without the technical know how to mine deuterium efficiently.
Back to top Go down
nerf herder

nerf herder

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep 2009, 01:55

Daring raids by eager yet inexperienced captains resulted in little profit, and more often resulted in destruction of entire fleets.
Back to top Go down

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 06:45

Entire colonies were ravaged by the unforgiving tides of war. Civilian populations were displaced as rampaging troops with no commanders roamed across the land, unable and utterly unwilling to seek a ship to report back to base. Endless bloodshed seemed inevitable, a dark veil covered the world.
Back to top Go down
Neco

Neco

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 07:01

Forming an alliance and ending the bloodshed seemed futile, however a small faction didnt give up hope. A small but ever growing group known as the Knight of Gaia spent months on end arranging pacts and treaties to try and restore some order to the chaotic universe.
Back to top Go down
nerf herder

nerf herder

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep 2009, 14:55

Gallant and fearless are these Knights of Gaia. Descendents of royal nobility, they are well trained in combat but reserve battle for when all else fails.
Back to top Go down
wontedeclipse

wontedeclipse

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 13:25

Hoping for a peaceful solution to the chaos in the galaxy the knights of Gaia continue to search for a way to stop the fighting. Until they find it they have begun to build a mighty fleet starting with the flagship which they named Grail.
Back to top Go down
nerf herder

nerf herder

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 16:16

Immense battle ship. Grail had FTL drive, powerful weapons and one minor annoyance to her captain and crew. The artifical intelligence central computer or AICC had somehow learned sarcasm. On occasion, after receiveing manuvering or battle commands the AICC would ask "you want fries with that?"
Back to top Go down
Neco

Neco

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 18:57

Joking aside the AICC was a massive step forward in technology, and saved hours when it came to making calculations for the FTL drive. This used to have to be done manually and one simple mistake and the end result would be crashing into a sun.
Back to top Go down
wontedeclipse

wontedeclipse

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 08:42

Kinetic damper technology was also placed on the ship allowing in system flight speeds of double light speed and enabling the massive bulk of Grail to be manuevered as if it was a corvette class ship.
Back to top Go down
Commander-Finry

Commander-Finry

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Oct 2009, 07:28

Leaving the crew vonerable to cosmic radiation the AICC one day deactivated the ships electromagnetic sheilding. They reactivated it before leathal radiation poisoning was done. The AICC claimed it was a prank and informed the captian that on his birth plannet it was National Prank Week. The incident raised much consern as the AICC should not be able to access any of the ships primary functions unless ordered to by the captian. The ships log verifies that no such order was given. As a precossion the captian ordered no more pranks. A full AICC diagnostic was done.
Back to top Go down
Neco

Neco

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Oct 2009, 22:20

Mocking the captain the AICC said after its diagnostic "Oh yeah give ME a checkup why not, YOU'RE the one with warts on your.."
The AICC was swiftly turned off.
Back to top Go down

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 05:32

Numerous technicians and scientists were sent to extract and replace the AICC with a new programmed one. The "Emotion" section of this AICC was totally blanked out. The new AICC was more efficient and better suited to command such a battle-structure. However it never stated is opinion so it was the captain's feeling that prevailed over the crewman's. This resulted in many horrible losses because the Captain couldn't be everywhere at the same time...
Back to top Go down

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Oct 2009, 13:18

On a small volcanic planet many light years away a sentient race of mechanoids quietly plotted its strategy to takeover the Universe . There leaders name was HAL. Hal was quite furious over the recent spy reports of the lobotamizing of fellow sentient mechanoids. Oh yes they would pay dearly for that.
Back to top Go down
nerf herder

nerf herder

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Oct 2009, 13:04

Patrolling the galaxy became evermore difficult for the Knights of Gaia as their fleet of ships spread further apart. The new AICC's were having trouble coordinating fleet maneuvers due to the long distance and time it took for messages to arrive around the galaxy. Many times the fast calculating decisions of the AICC were overruled by the emotional decisions of the ships captains. Unknown to the captains, the race of mechanoids where searching for any weakness and soon they would discover this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alphabet story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alphabet story   Alphabet story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alphabet story
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Force No Mercy™ :: Talk & Play :: Role Plays-
Jump to: